I have a lot of different projects going on right now- some planned, others spontaneous. In fact, this is what our kitchen counter looked like this morning, with three projects in various stages:
But I did complete one project this week, an Oliver + S ice cream blouse. After making Es the dress version for her birthday I wanted to try the pattern again. She rarely wears dresses but so far has been willing to wear shirts that I’ve made. This is the 2T size with about 3 extra inches. I shorted the pockets a bit to ensure that they’d fit on the tunic, as they were originally intended for the dress. I skipped the v on the pockets but did put the v in the neck line this time, after following the helpful steps/pictures from Five and Counting here. I’m so glad I did because it was quite simple and should make it easier to get the blouse over her head. I also added french seams, as suggested in the pattern. It gives the inside a nice feel and was easy for this pattern. I also sewing in a size tag (2T L to remind me of the extra length).
The fabric is more from my grandmother’s stash. It is probably 20+ years old and has a rather old-fashioned feel to it. In fact, the shirt ended up a lot more muted than I’d planned. It is also the exact same color scheme as my previous ice cream dress. Next time, something brighter! And there will certainly be a next time because this is such a great pattern. I’m thinking of using only one fabric with no pockets and I think it should come together quickly. Es was happy to model this morning during a little break in the rain.
I sure love this goofy, sweet girl!