Es was with her grandmother yesterday and it was a cool and rainy day. I’ve missed the rain. Everything is so dry here by mid-August, not our normal Seattle green. It was a perfect day for sewing up two last baskets. I’ve made both of these patterns before (here and here). But I think these are my favorite versions so far.
Pattern: Divided basket pattern from Noodle-head
Alterations: The first time I made this basket it felt too tall, so the second time I scaled the entire pattern down. This time I took 1.5 inches off the top of each piece and am very happy with the results.
Notes: These were all such lovely fabrics to work with. The yarn dyed essex works especially well to make a sturdy basket and I can see why this fabric is a favorite with other sewers. I have some more of this fabric and some in black and look forward to using it for more projects this fall.
And basket #2:
Pattern: Nesting Fabric Bowls from A Cuppa and a Catch Up, 7 inch size
Alterations: I ran out of fusible fleece after cutting out the previous basket. I had some sew-in interfacing hanging around and so I used two layers with some thin batting sandwiched between. It ended up looking fine in the end, but goodness, iron-in interfacing was a fantastic invention! Dealing with the sew-in stuff was tricky.
Notes: I wanted to make these simpler than my last baskets with this pattern. I stitched in the ditch along the frog pond stripe and skipped the topstiching around the edge.
And now the changing area is all ready: