With all the gardening happening around here my sewing projects have been slow going. Does anyone else have that trouble this time of year? But I have been saving up a few projects to share, all using leftover crushed walnut shell from this pincushion. First I made another pincushion using the same pattern from Modern Log Cabin Quilting, this time for my mother-in-law’s birthday. This is such a fun pattern and I really enjoyed this method of log cabin square construction.
I also re-stuffed a tomato pincushion made from this Martha Stewart pattern. I’d previously stuffed this with cotton and the walnut shells work so much better. I really want to make an entire family of tomato pincushions in varying colors and sizes (like the pattern shows) but it doesn’t seem particularly practical given how little time I have to sew these days.
I also made some juggling balls using the pattern from Little Things to Sew.
I figured E would enjoy these but it turned out that O was an even bigger fan.
I stuffed a few with cotton, as in the directions, and then a few more with the walnut shells. We all preferred the walnut shells as they are much better for tossing around (and apparently more satisfying for chewing on). I did have visions of my stitching coming out and O ending up with a mouthful of shells, but so far they’ll held strong. And, I believe this brings me up to seven projects completed for the Little Things to Sew: Cover to Cover Challenge. One-third of the way there!