E has needed a new art smock for quite a while now. She’s worn this art smock from Little Things to Sew for almost three years and has completely outgrown the size small. Her previous smock has been so well-loved and heavily used that I was planning to make her a size up in the same pattern. But after flipping through the book E decided she preferred the bias-trimmed apron instead. I made a medium (sizes 3-6) and it is plenty roomy on E. Since the theme of Kid’s Clothes Week this time around was Wild Things I searched in my stash for some more animal fabric. I came up with some more Heather Ross, this time two different bee-themed prints. I had a fat quarter of each print and was able to squeeze this one out, just barely. I love the vibrant colors although it’s definitely a bit wilder than my normal. I used skinnier-than-called-for bias tape and I like the more delicate look it created. I hand finished most of the bias tape because I like how clean it looks. I ran out of bias at the end so I just hemmed as usual. Hopefully this will protect E’s clothes for the next three years. She’s such a busy artist these days and it’s so fun to watch her create. I think that’s it for Kid’s Clothes Week this time around. Next up, some sewing for O.